Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Winter headband and kitty hat


This is called "hugs-and-kisses-with-love headband." Whew that's a mouthful! I love this headband! It is so warm! I walk to my classes almost everyday. Since, it is winter I need something to keep my ears warm. The pattern for this is in "101 Designer One-Skein Wonders."


I made this hat for my friend Anji. This is the 3rd kitty hat that I have made her in 3 years. The first one is believed to be taken by her former roommate. The second one I made was a little too large for her. (Bad gauging on my part.) She washed it and...........it felted! Yuck! It looked like a dirty kitty with matted fur when it was dry!

So, this is # 3. It is properly gauged, and my friend no longer has a roommate. I think this one is now safe from all issues. The pattern for this is called the "Official Kitty62 Hat," and is available for FREE online. I used "Yarn Bee: Luscious" as my yarn. My gauge was very different from the one in the pattern. I adjusted my cast on etc. to compensate for the difference.

2 comments:

The Knitting Dietitian said...

That ear warmer is super duper fancy. I'm impressed with your cabling!

Dude, Anji better hang onto that kitty hat. haha

Knitoholic Rex said...

The ear warmer was suprisingly easy!